"I love the razor and I use it a lot, as do my team here at ARROJO. It’s an excellent way to create modern, low-maintenance hairstyles. It’s great for enabling swing and movement, creates a contemporary jagged line, helps you redefine texture, is perfect for short and messy and shaggy styles, and makes beautiful soft-shaped layers. Yet you can only do these things if you know the fundamentals of successful razor-cutting. Razor Fundamentals shows you how to master the straight edge blade and is perfect for inexperienced razor-cutters or any stylist who wants to ground their own razor-cutting in strong technique. Over the two days you’ll learn to razor-cut a one-length line, shape a graduated razor-cut, and layer effectively with your razor. Each day begins with a demo before you practice these techniques in hands-on, mannequin workshops. Razor Fundamentals improves technique and precision, and gives you a platform to take your creative edge to the next level." - Nick Arrojo
Watch a short video documentary about this class, here.
Read feedback from previous seminar attendees, here.
- Each day begins with a master stylist razor-cutting demo followed, in the afternoon sessions, with workshops where you practice these skills in a lively and fun, hands-on environment
- Learn everything from how to correctly hold a razor to creating space, texture, and freedom in the cut and style
- Techniques include razor-cutting a one-length line, shaping a graduated razor-cut, and effective layering with your razor
- One ARROJO educator per six students means each attendee gets the most individual attention
- Stylists with little or no experience of the razor
- Stylists looking to master the straight edge blade
- Making precision razor-cutting a feature of your own work
- Learning razor techniques developed and practiced at ARROJO